[mcxtrace-users] question in overwriting results

Erik B Knudsen erkn at fysik.dtu.dk
Mon Sep 5 10:03:33 CEST 2016

Dear Ali,

I assume you are running your simulation through the GUI and that you are using McXtrace 1.2.
The way this works is:
1. If there is no output directory specified - a unique one will be generated for you.
2. If one is specified and it does _not_ exists it will be generated and the data put there.
3. If one is specified and it _does_ exist, McXtrace will stop and ask you to remove the directory
4. If "." is specified as an output directory, McXtrace will append data to existing files to avoid data loss.

I am guessing you're doing 4, no? This would indeed make the data files grow as you append more and more data to them.
If you are doing something else, you'll have to supply a bit more detail about what exactly you are trying to do and we will help
you.

cheers
Erik

--
Erik Bergbäck Knudsen, Research Engineer | DTU | morituri
NEXMAP, DTU Fysik, DK-2800 Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark |<>-<>| te