[mcxtrace-users] Question regarding "lambda" in cif2hkl function

Yoo, Sangjun sangjun.yoo at thermofisher.com
Thu Aug 3 23:57:03 CEST 2023

Hello,

I hope this email finds you well.

I have a question regarding the lambda parameter in the cif2hkl function. According to the documentation, it refers to the incoming probe wavelength in Angs. I do wonder what it means. Is it the wavelength of the X-rays that I use in the simulation? What would be a good number for this if I am using a white radiation source?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

Sangjun Yoo
Scientist - Advanced Technology, Spectroscopy

Thermo Fisher Scientific
5225 Verona Road, Bldg4 | Madison, WI 53711
sangjun.yoo at thermofisher.com<mailto:sangjun.yoo at thermofisher.com> | thermofisher.com